Sunday, March 24, 2019

Poster 
By: Brooke Rivera



Estimated time : 2 hours 

       For this assignment, using illustrator, I chose saving the planet as my theme. I wanted to create a poster that grabs people's attention as soon as they look at it. I also chose to do short lines of text to make it simple and easy to read within seconds. I chose to put myself in the poster because everyday people, like myself, are the ones destroying the planet. Everything we do affects life as we know it. If we make small changes to our everyday life style it will affect the planet for the better. Every small change helps. 
       For this poster I used image trace to manipulate my photo and the photo of the earth. I ungrouped the image trace that played around with the color scheme and opacity. Then, I rearranged the placement of each trace to make it look as if the photos are distorted and deteriorating, like what we are doing to our planet. In my eyes are small globes to symbolize what we need to focus on and look to. I also manipulated the text font to the same theme as my photos to counterbalance my poster.  

2 comments:

  1. This poster is amazing! The colors really contrast and make it very attention-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great poster! It's obvious that you are passionate about the subject... The deteriorating look of the text and deconstruction of the image really add to the idea that mankind's disregard for the environment has taken a toll on the Earth. The Blue and Green color combo looks great as well! Awesome Job!

    ReplyDelete