Sunday, April 7, 2019

Day Dreaming / Placing Myself in a Space

Day Dreaming 
By: Brooke Rivera


Estimated Time: 1 hour 

In this piece I used a picture I took of myself. The first thing I did was make a selection of the top of my head and opened it up. The second thing I did to this pictures was using liquify to drop around the pixels of the photo to make it look like my head is dripping and to make it look like things are pouring out of my head. In addition, I also liquified the background of the photo to make it look trippy. Then, I layered two photos I took of lights and made the opacity low on them for you could see through them, then I created a layer mask on them to erase some of the details I did not want to show in the photo. Finally, I added a "daydreaming" word on the top to add to the aesthetic, I did this by create another layer mask and messing with the opacity. I am very happy with the way the image came out. 


Part 2
Placing Myself in a Space
By: Brooke Rivera 

Estimated time: 30 Mins

For the image I wanted to place myself in a space I have never been to before, so I chose space. I used an image of myself from a little bit ago. I created a layer mask on it and took away the background only leaving myself in a sitting position. The background in the photo is only the dark sky with the stars in it. The moon is a separate photo. I also created a layer mask on that as well and took away the ground. I also incorporated another image of the planets. I layered in on top on the background and turned down the opacity and created a layer mask on it. Finally, I created a drop shadows on myself to make it look for realistic. I also used the burn tool to make the moon darker on the side where I am sitting on it. I am also very happy with the way this image turned out. 

1 comment:

  1. You are so talented! These looks so cool and look like they were done by a professional. The first one especially is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete